Friday, January 10, 2020

Life Lately: The Perfectly Mundane and Ordinary (in 7 quick takes)

1- Food on walls

Due to a roof leak, we are re-painting our master bedroom and bath. Now comes the Paint Selection Headache. Seriously. I do NOT like to pick out paint. Here are some of the names of paints we've used in the past: Irish Cream, Cappuccino, Cracked Pepper, and Cafe-au-lait.

So basically I just need to look for paint cans of food, and start from there.

2- Enough already

Remember Jonathan's accident that happened LAST JULY, the one where not only was Jonathan's car totaled but we lost the St. Christopher medal? The accident which provided a wonderful experience with the city's towing service? The very same accident in which the Atlanta city police department's computer system was hacked so all record of the accident was deleted?

Yeah, that one.

Today Jonathan is in Atlanta at a court hearing to settle the down thing.

Finally.

3- Back to School (again)

This was week one of training to become a CASA (court appointed special advocate) and just like that I'm back in school. Although the class meets only once a week, the rest is done online so every morning I fix my cappuccino and study. I love it. Give me notebook, highlighter, keyboard, and a writing assignment and I'm in my element. But I'm not going to lie. There was a learning curve with an online class, but on the upside I'm learning an entire new vocabulary like adjudication and permanency.

4- Spring Break Plans

Today we are planning and booking our plans for spring break. Some of our ideas include a trip to Sedona, a cruise, or a whirlwind tour of London. We'll see ...

5- Plot Twists

I'm listening to The Silent Patient on audible. It's the story of a woman who murders her husband and then refuses to speak. The chapters alternate between the therapist's point of view and hers (via her journal) with one plot twist after another. I have one chapter to go and I STILL have no idea what is going to happen.

6- He'll Know when He Knows

Joe and I have a date. He just doesn't know it yet.

7- Lunch Inspiration

With or without the aeperol spritz. We'll see ...


No comments: