1- Online Book Talks
Last week I signed up for a virtual Book Talk hosted by Kathy McCabe of Dream of Italy. Author and foreign correspondent Frank Viviano discussed his book, Blood Washes Blood--the true story of his great-great-grandfather who was murdered in Sicily and the author's research into his murder.
Next week I will be attending a online discussion with author Laura Morelli and her recently released book, Night Portrait. The novel is about the story behind the creation of Leonardo da Vinci's famous painting, Portrait of a Lady with an Ermine.
2- Fabric shopping
Still working on the kitchen. You will be happy to know that I did find a kitchen table, but I won't post a photo until I am finished with the entire space. In the meantime, I have been looking at fabrics for window toppers. I think I may have found it ...
3- Missing something that is missing
In addition to a kitchen make-over, we have also been painting the boys' bedrooms. During the course of emptying Timothy's room we went through some of his things and noticed the ONE THING that was missing: his childhood pezzetta. His blankie.
For a long time his pezzetta was one giant pezzetta, but after a scary (and tear-filled) afternoon when we thought it was lost Nonna cut it in half to make TWO pezzettas.
Here is what I remember about that pezzetta. It was washed weekly, in the same detergent as all our clothes, and yet it always smelled differently ... all sweet, and cuddly, and like a little boy.
I miss that pezzetta.
4- Sowing seeds of kindness
Gardens are not made by singing,
Oh, how beautiful,'
and sitting in the shade.
~Rudyard Kipling
5- Photo of the Week
New York City, two years ago. It was the first time for Jonathan and Timothy, and I loved the look on the boys' faces when we exited Penn Station onto a busy, traffic-filled, horns-blaring, taxis-everywhere NYC street.
New York City is a city of contradictions: rude and welcoming, dirty and beautiful, chaotic and invigorating, crazy and wonderful. We loved every minute of it and today, on the anniversary of 9/11, we are reminded how precious life is.



1 comment:
I still have Man-Child's blankie AND his precious, bedraggled Pooh bear. I've been able to let a lot go...but I can't let these two items go. He loved them so very much.
Post a Comment