Yesterday I went through a bin of old papers, journals, and letters. I was SUPPOSED to be cleaning out our closet, but opening that bin sent me down a rabbit hole for a solid two hours.
Sometimes you need to change pathways, and that closet could wait another day.
Besides, how else would I have come across these ...
1- A telegram from Citta del Vaticano -- the Vatican -- containing an official apostolic blessing. It arrived just before Joe and I were married.
2- A letter from an old friend studying at the Pontifical North American College in Rome. At the time, I was in college and seeing someone who was discerning a vocation to the priesthood. It was a confusing time, and my seminarian friend wrote a truly beautiful letter about discernment and how God calls us to different vocations. The guy I was dating did eventurally enter the seminary (today he is a Fransciscan priest), and I embraced my vocation when I married Joe.


No comments:
Post a Comment