Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Top 10-ish Photos (a 2019 Girls' Trip to Italy anniversary post)

I don't think it is possible to take a bad photo in Italy. I especially like taking photos with contrasts (fishing nets hanging from an iron banister, a Murano vase on a window ledge, a pitch-black sky outlining St. Mark's Basilica) and photos that capture a mood (serene, tempestuous, tender, powerful, nostalgic, lonely). These are not candid shots, but ones which were more artistically done. With the exception of the first photo (which was taken by Karla), all photos were taken with my iPhone camera. 

360-degree photo of St. Mark's Square, Venice, 
by group member, Karla

Gondola sign, Venice

St. Mark's Square
Lamposts of Murano glass and St. Mark's Lion

St. Mark's Basilica
The pitch black night provided a beautiful backdrop for the basilica.

Proud of this photo of Isola San Giulio in which I captured
a bird in flight.

Fishing nets, Isola dei Pescatori (Fisherman's Island) 
on Lago Maggiore

Church of San Giorgio
Portofino

On the shores of Isola San Giulio

The terraced gardens of Isola Bella

Sunflower ... not in Tuscany, but in Bolzano

gondola parking

Murano glass vase, Venice

gondola detail

Sunset gondola ride on the Grand Canal

That ancient stone, those shutters, the roof, the flowers ...

Not a street corner, but a canal corner
Again ... the stone, the balconies, the flowers, the dark canal

The juxtaposition of David against the ancient stone
(note: the original David is in the Accademia Gallery)

If I could paint, this is what I would paint

No comments: