Friday, September 4, 2020

Friday Favorites (vol. 9): wisdom nuggets, free shoes, dr. dave, garlic, & packing

 A weekly roundup of a few of my favorite things ...


1- The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

This beautifully written and illustrated book by Charles Mackesy is filled with nuggets of wisdom that burrow into your consciousness. Visit his website and see for yourself ...



2- Two for the price of nothing

Three weeks ago I ordered two pairs of shoes from Amazon for an upcoming wedding I was attending. My intention was to pick one pair and return the other. Well the package was late, then delayed, and then lost. So Amazon issued an immediate refund. Then YESTERDAY guess what showed up on my doorstep? I immediately contacted Amazon and chatted with Marc. Their system did not show the package as being delivered; in fact, their tracking number was totally different from the one on the package. So he apologized for the inconvenience and said to keep the shoes ... and I would not be charged.  

Which is all very well except I really do not need them. So my gain is your gain! The shoes are a size 9 and if you are local and would like either pair, send me a private message. They are yours.


3- Dr. Dave

We like Dr. Dave!

Dr. Dave is my brother, he is a board certified Internal Medicine physician, and he has a YouTube channel! Some of his topics include the differences between the flu and Covid, the science behind wearing a mask, and the buzz behind the MMR vaccine. He also has minute round videos which offer quick insights (Should I Get the Flu Shot?). Check him out ... he's knowledgeable AND funny.



4- Garlic and Dusting

Earlier this week I posted a photo of my Swiffer duster on Facebook and mentioned that I really like to dust. WELL ... I think maybe one person agreed with me. Everyone else thought I was certifiable. 

Anyway, here's another thing that may be divisive ... I love the smell of garlic sautéing in olive oil. 



5- Photo of the Week

This time last year I had started packing for our Girls' Trip to Italy. We were a few weeks away from departure!

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Love the shoes. Sadly, not my size and not local. Which is good because after the great shoe purge earlier this year I'm trying really hard not to acquire shoes that I won't wear often.

As for your Swiffer - I think, the tool you are using for whatever task will be the difference between despising a chore and not minding the chore. For example, I despise mopping (or used to) floors. Then I bought the O Cedar spin mop - now I don't mind mopping; this mop really makes a difference. I still despise my kitchen tile (always looks dirty) but I don't mind the mopping.